Xbox Beta app and Microsoft Store Games FPS Lag.

• Thread starter Thread starter r0ids177
  • Start date Start date
R

r0ids177

So recently noticed that the Xbox beta app was out, installed it to my PC, and downloaded Gears 5 and The master chief collection(Which I have on Steam also)

Firstly the downloads compared to any other download from any other source was incredibly slow! I had to leave Gears over night (Yeah I know its a massive game, but I've downloaded more games from steam that amount to more than that quicker)

But that actual problem is, The games are unplayable, both games load fine, navigate the menu no problems, Cinematic at the beginning of Gears worked with out an issue. But as soon as I enter the game itself, my FPS are low and jumpy/laggy.

Ive never really experienced anything like it before so find it hard to describe correctly; If no moving, the game works(both) Once I try to move I will for a second-ish and then it stops completely for about a second or two, and just rince and repeat.

Now normally I'd just turn down the setting or something like that but ive done that on both game and nothing. Restarted the works.

Also something else to note, The Master Chief collection which I have installed from Steam. Works without a single problem, on the highest of specs.

Is it me or is there something I am missing? A Setting somewhere?

All games are located in the same HDD.

My Rig:

CPU i7-9700K @3.60GHz (Kaby Lake)

GPU GeForce RTX 2060 4.0GB

RAM 32GB

Windows 10. Fully Updated including All drivers etc etc.

Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back