Windows Update -

• Thread starter Thread starter Taffy087
  • Start date Start date
T

Taffy087

I've just received a Microsoft Security Update Releases notification email - the message in it is shown below. (I checked for WUs and there are none - I'm up-to-date.)

But the sentence in which I'm particularly interested is "This release is separate from the October Update Tuesday release, which is scheduled for October 8, 2019.". I find it strange that Microsoft should tell us about a coming change that's in addition to other coming changes.

Can I assume that there are no outstanding WUs for me at the moment, please?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary
=======

The following CVEs have undergone a major revision increment:

* CVE-2019-1367

Revision Information:
=====================

- CVE-2019-1367 | Scripting Engine Memory Corruption Vulnerability
- {{windowTitle}}
- Version: 2.0
- Reason for Revision: To address a known printing issue customers might experience
after installing the Security Updates or IE Cumulative updates that were released
on September 23, 2019 for CVE-2019-1367, Microsoft is releasing new Security Updates,
IE Cumulative Updates, and Monthly Rollup updates for all applicable installations
of Internet Explorer 9, 10, or 11 on Microsoft Windows. Please see the Security
Updates table for CVE-2019-1367 for the new updates. Note that these updates are
available automatically via Windows Update, WSUS, or manually from the Microsoft
Update Catalog. This release is separate from the October Update Tuesday release,
which is scheduled for October 8, 2019.
- Originally posted: September 23, 2019
- Updated: October 3, 2019
- Aggregate CVE Severity Rating: Important

Continue reading...

Back