Windows update tried it's best to brick my PC! Where MSN is crossing the line and violating my comsumer rights.

• Thread starter Thread starter casperyoung
  • Start date Start date
C

casperyoung

Windows Update is directly at fault for every current problem I'm having with my PC right after a forced update and I can full well prove it!

I'm no slouch when it comes to running my PC. However, Microsoft must think we're all idiots! I will as briefly as I can, describe my issue with Microsoft. On August 14th I received a forced update listed as a security update. The next day upon booting up the device I began to notice some difficulties. Somehow, I no longer had Administrator control. I couldn't transfer info/files and couldn't even make new fiolders. Also lost and very unusual was the ADB USB interface (this is what runs all the USB ports), audio, about half the apps that are non-Windows related, were also somehow removed. And there were many other minor issues that only complicated matters. It didn't take me long to realize that the commonality with the state of my PC, could be best described as, if it wasn't a program specifically being Windows software, it was fair game for Microsoft and either disabled, rendered useless, or even completely removed.

Of course I called Microsoft technical support, repetedly! I currently have 3 tickets in motion that were left "unresolved". The first call was about the ADB interface. I had even given remote access and that's something I pretty much never do, to the technician. he went directly to the device manager, and a few other places afterwards but it was while in the device manager that I noticed, if I were to plug in one of my Androids, the PC didn't recognize it. When it did, it was through the Modem and not through the USB serials as it normally does. This was my first realization that only the update could have done this contrary to anything they said about the updates not removing programs. This is an outright lie and my first ticket issue easily proves that. I had to spend over a week doing something they told me I could not do. Here's where I'll skip to my 3rd call to MSN Tech support and say why I started to become very upset with MSN over these reasons. MSN has no right whatsoever, to take ultimate command of my PC, nor do they have any right to remove me from administrator control. MSN also does not have any right to decide what programs I use on my PC. Compatibility issues was mentioned and it was an insult to my inteligence, and a deflection. Well if you guys would leave my PC as it is. I have the hardware to overcome your software and they obviously didn't think I was capable of knowing what was real and what wasn't. So hey, MSN? You guys are going to find out I have you pinned to the wall on this, ie, proof of, shall we say "malfeisance"! You more than stepped across the line here. You violated my rights as a comsumer and I'm going to seek legal action. For repairs and for wasting a week of my time to fix an issue, come to find out you knew full well of, two years ago and still let it go on. The EULA will also be challenged concerning it's vaugeness that enables MSN to think that all my info, even financial, is at your disposal. MSN needs to recognize it's place. Under no circumstances should MSN think it can have ultimate control of my PC, yet that's percisely what they tried to do. I locked them out, period. Too bad if you don't like it! My goal is to protect my property. You're not the only operating system out there. This is your public notice. I have a valid complaint!

Continue reading...