"Windows is still setting up class configurations for this device (Code: 56)" After uninstalling and reinstalling wireless and ethernet drivers on my

• Thread starter Thread starter KeaganBowser
  • Start date Start date
K

KeaganBowser

After performing a network reset in settings, I went back into device manager to check if anything was resolved, but my TP-Link Archer T4E "TP-Link Wireless PCI Express Adapter" and my integrated ethernet on my motherboard "Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller" drivers were not working. Windows claims it's still trying to set up class configurations with a code of 56. Before this issue, I was attempting to fix ethernet on my device, as wireless was the only working network component. I uninstalled the drivers in device manager, rebooted, reinstalled the drivers, rebooted again, and the devices were not working.

I've tried ipconfig /flushdns,

reinstalling the drivers several times,

performing network reset in settings several times,

and also used a windows to go drive to verify the drivers were the issue (I connected to my network wirelessly and through ethernet on the WTG drive).

I have not had any connectivity at all so far, here's my specs just in case:
ASRock B450m-HDV R4.0 with an integrated ethernet controller
TP-Link AC1200 Archer T4E PCI Card

Ryzen 5 2600

16 GB DDR4-3200

EVGA GTX 1650 Super

Windows 10 (OS Build 19041.685) on a 240GB SATA SSD

Edit: I noticed that "WAN Miniports" are now missing after network resets. I see them as a hidden device, and before they weren't hidden. Windows says these devices are not connected, with Code 45.

I also noticed that my VMware network adapters were never present even before this issue. I may start to believe they're causing havoc with my main networking drivers. There are "VMware Network Adapter VMnet1" and VMnet8 hardware devices, and a "Local Area Connection* 1" device. These three devices are only visible under view hardware and connection properties in settings.

Continue reading...

Back