Windows fails to boot after update

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr. Adhesive
  • Start date Start date
M

Mr. Adhesive

Note: Recently I have been having trouble with my computer not being able to update. This had been happening for about a month or two without resolve so I decided to try to trouble shoot it. I cant remember the error code I got, but I found an answer on this site that suggested that it was a .net 3.5 error, and that I should "enable all dotnet features" in the "windows optional features" program, so I did exactly that. After which, the update STILL didn't work. Upon restarting I got an error "The instruction *some long address* referenced memory at 0x8. The memory could not be read". After the computer restarted, it tried to update (as it has tried to do for the past 2 months 🙃), to which windows became unbootable.

My issue:

I am in a repair boot loop now. When the computer launches normally, it says that it reached a stopcode: "pnp detected fatal error".

Here is what I know and have tried:

• I can't boot into ANY safe mode.
  • windows auto recovery doesn't work.
  • I tried fixing corrupted boot files using a Windows Media Installer USB, then running the commands found here.; when running "BOOTREC /FIXBOOT" I get "Access is denied."
  • I ran "F:", then "type /System32/LogFiles/Srt/SrtTrail.txt", and at the end it reports: "a recently serviced boot binary is corrupt abort pending update installation result failed error code 0x82f" or something similar. (this was only after I tried to run in safe mode, so that might be irrelevant.)

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back