Windows can't boot error 0xc000000f

• Thread starter Thread starter Lano_G
  • Start date Start date
L

Lano_G

I just tried to turn on my PC and it instantly ran into a random problem that I've never encountered before. It tells me "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:"

1. Insert your windows installation disk and restart your computer

2. Choose your language setting

3. Click "Repair your computer"

Info: The boot selection failed because required device is inaccessible

First I haven't changed anything on my computer, and I was on it yesterday and it worked 100% fine. Now I've done all these steps. I don't have a disk, but I have the windows media tool on a flash drive and I've tried to repair my device. After I got to repair My computer it'll start for a second and then stop and says it can't repair. I went to the section to uninstall recent updates, and both subsections would instantly push me out saying it can't uninstall any recent updates. I don't have a backup point so that's out of the question as well. I've tried to reinstall windows, but since there is windows already on that drive I cannot reinstall windows nor can I access my it to uninstall windows. I don't want to lose all my data, but right now my whole PC has turned into a paperweight.

How do I fix this problem? I don't believe my computer went through any updates because when if it needed to update it usually would say "Update and Shutoff" when I go to turn it off.

Continue reading...