Windows BSOD Errors

• Thread starter Thread starter John3123
  • Start date Start date
J

John3123

Description of the Problem:

For the past few months, I have been experiencing both BSODs and a black screen issue. On occasion -- usually when gaming -- the screen will blackout and the GPU fans will skyrocket to 100%. However, I’ve also had the issue occur once when simply idling at the desktop. In that instance, the fans did not kick up to 100%. In all cases, I am still able to hear the audio of whatever programs were open in the background.

To my knowledge, after replacing the PSU, the black screen issue is no longer happening. I included it in the description above in case it may lend itself to a solution. However, I am still experiencing multiple BSOD errors. I recently factory reset Windows 10 in an effort to fix the issue. I’ve listed the errors below.

The BSOD Errors Prior to Reset:

• WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

• UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• IRQL_NOT_MORE_NOT_LESS

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

WhoCrashed identified ‘ntoskrnl.exe’ and ‘pshed.dll’ as the culprits. I no longer have the dump files from these crashes. Please keep in mind they occured over a two month period.

The BSOD Errors Post Reset:

• CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

WhoCrashed identified ‘ntkrnlmp.exe’ and ‘ntoskrnl.exe’ as the culprits. More than likely, with more testing, I will encounter some of the previous BSOD errors again. I still have the dump file for this crash and have attached it below in a Dropbox link.

System Information:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super

• Nvidia Driver Version: 456.38

• Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX

• BIOS (UEFI) Version: 2808

• Intel Chipset Driver Version: 10.1.16.7

• Management Engine Interface Version: 2013.14.0.1529

• Realtek LAN Driver Version: 10.42.526.2020

• Realtek Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.8522

• Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version: 17.9.4.1017

• Storage:

• SSD: 240GB WD Green Series M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s

• HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

• Memory: 16GB DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory

• Power: 600 Watts

• No overclocking.

Attempted Solutions:

*In browsing other forum posts, many different solutions were suggested. I'm not sure how applicable all of these have been -- but I did them and will list them regardless.

• After I received the replacement GPU I ran DDU and reinstalled the Nvidia drivers to version 456.38. The replacement card was the same model (RTX 2060 Super).

• Ran Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and passed all tests (x2).

• Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (standard / 2 passes) with no errors found.

• Ran MemTest86 (4 passes) with no errors found.

• Ran DISM /RestoreHealth on both drives. No errors found.

• Ran System File Checker (x2) on both drives. No errors found.

• Ran Check Disk /r on both drives. No errors found.

• Did a fresh install of Windows 10 and cleared both drives.

• Tested with different monitor and cables. The issues still occurred

I'm kind of out of my league at this point. I've taken the PC in to GeekSquad on a few occasions. They identified Windows OS corruption and supposedly repaired it -- however I'm still here with the same issues. I've looked at the dump file in WinDbg, but I'm not sure how to parse the information.

Thanks for reading, here's the attached dump file for the most recent BSOD (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT).

Dropbox - 091720-10484-01.dmp - Simplify your life

Continue reading...

Back