Windows 2008 R2 server daily random authentication issues Event ID 5783 and 5719

• Thread starter Thread starter Sands98
  • Start date Start date
S

Sands98

Can anyone help.

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server running A web application. Its also has SQL and MS dynamics NAV 2009 installed.

Randomly users report they cannot logon to the website using their AD credentials. They are prompted but the credentials are not accepted.

When I logon to the server via RDP, I sometime cant logon due to no netlogon servers available, but some times it does let me on.

The issues can only last a few mins with no reboot required and some times it requires a reboot.

Looking at the event viewer there are two errors that stand out

The main error is 5719, this occurs every time

This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain DOMAINNAME due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

ADDITIONAL INFO
If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain.

There other error which does not always happen 5783

The session setup to the Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller \\DOMAINCONTROLLER for the domain DOMAINNAME is not responsive. The current RPC call from Netlogon on \\WEBSERVER to \\DOMAINCONTROLLER has been cancelled.

I have ran netstat -anob -a and can see 300 or so connections some established and some established.

Any ideas on this would be welcome.

Cheers

Continue reading...

Back