WINDOWS 1909 RANDOM FREEZE AND BLACK SCREEN (JULY 2020)

• Thread starter Thread starter ptrwg_
  • Start date Start date
P

ptrwg_

Hi,

I know there are few posts about this topic already but I cannot seem to find any kind of solutions at all to save my life. This issue started after I updated my laptop to Windows version1903 and now 1909. Whenever my laptop is on idle, or when I do light browsing such as emails, YouTube etc, or even right after I turned on my laptop for 30 seconds, my laptop would freeze and I have to do a hard reboot every single time. Other than freezing, my laptop also having black screen issue. For example, I'm watching a video on YouTube and all of the sudden, my screen would go black as if it went to sleep and the lights on the keyboard would still light up. When I close the lid (hoping that it would fix it) the lights on my keyboard would eventually turn off except for some keys. And I can't press anything to "wake" the screen. I have to do a hard reboot as well when this happen.

I tried every solution that I can find on this forum and also on other sites but none of them worked. Even if it did, my laptop would work perfectly fine for about 3 or 4 days max before the issues come back. I even went to Bestbuy and had them reinstall a fresh Windows just in case the one I had was corrupted or whatever. Wasted 200 bucks for nothing. The issue came back less than 48 hours. None of the updates that Windows released had fixed my issues. Not to this day. I have this issue for so many months now and it's really frustrating that I can't use my laptop like everyone else. Mind you, my laptop is about 2 years old. Still pretty new. Please help. I've been having this issue close to a year now. It's ridiculous.

The laptop I'm using is MSI GS63 Stealth running GTX 1060 graphic card. I've updated every driver that I can and still won't solve this problem for me. I've tried sfc /scannow and find nothing. As well as dism /online / cleanup-image /restorehealth on the cmd. No luck.

Please help.

Continue reading...

Back