Windows 10 Wifi plus control panel failure

• Thread starter Thread starter Ritwik Vatsyayan
  • Start date Start date
R

Ritwik Vatsyayan

Hi all,

Over the past week, I have been facing serious issues with my wifi connectivity. It randomly drops when I am working, and seems to take down my Control Panel with it. Whenever the drop happens, my wifi panel shows no available networks (even though I am well within the range of at least 2 wifi networks that I can use), and most of the times, the wifi adapter icon grays out. If i try to open the Network and Sharing Center, I just get a blue screen (like it's loading, but it never does). If I try to access this via my start menu search, it gets stuck just as I type the first letter, and doesn't recover at all till I reboot my system.

I have tried most of the standard troubleshooting steps, including troubleshooting my connection (although since I can only do this when my wifi is working, it makes little sense), updating my wifi driver, disabling and re-enabling it, uninstalling and re-installing it, and repairing it by downloading the latest driver from the Qualcomm website, nothing works.

Are there any steps that I can take further? I am quite sure that its not a wifi adapter problem since I am facing no problems on my linux system.

Thanks

Continue reading...