Windows 10 Update Error, Unable to Restore PC, Multiple issues with older games (0x800f0805)

• Thread starter Thread starter abbaskapacee
  • Start date Start date
A

abbaskapacee

Hi, will get straight to it, from what I have gathered I will give this info/error codes in the hope someone can understand the problem.

Started a week ago, when I bought this PC recently, Windows 10, was unable to launch GTA San Andreas due to a DirectX problem (said I needed to install it however amongst the other issues, whenever I install new drivers for .NET, DirectX, etc, the system determines the most up-to-date drivers are installed).

Found tutorials to go to CTRL PANEL > Prog + Features > Turn windows updates ON or OFF --> This is blank for me.

From then I found info about elevated cmd prompts (stopping/starting services) and services.msc. Tried turning on Windows Module Installer, did not help make the tab above appear and is still blank.

So I figured it's the Windows 10 update. My Settings shows this error whenever I attempt to download the updates present there: 0x800f0805

Error code when trying to update PC: 0x8007001F - 0x20006

PC is also notoriously undoing changes made to your PC everytime I attempt to fix/repair/update the system (it will say this in the boot up)

I assume this is probably due to a corrupted registry or something, and even though initial and then sloppy attempts by me have been made, I hope someone can help fix this.

__

By now I assume you may know or have some suggestions what this is related to. I have been googling endlessly for the past few days, but I have accepted defeat. I now turn to the forums to hopefully end this nightmare.

Continue reading...

Back