Windows 10 Slow Network Performance After Updating

• Thread starter Thread starter iRdMoose
  • Start date Start date
I

iRdMoose

My download performance has gone to **** with the latest updates for Windows 10, and I only have one computer on my network that I keep 100% updated. The rest I only update infrequently since I'm the only user. That one machine that's always up to date is stuck downloading at 100 to 150Mb/s is my gaming desktop that I use almost 24/7, and it started around the time that this thread was originally created. My other machines (personal laptop, media server box, work laptop, and mobile phone) all see the full 950-980MB/s download that my ISP provides.

I performed all of the steps that Carlo suggested in this thread: Very slow internet speed since the new Windows update on 12 March 2021, and the only one that showed some semblance of hope was the "Reset Now" option under Network Reset. It worked at full speed for a couple minutes while things were starting up, and then a few minutes in, slowed back down to 100-150Mb/s.

So far in addition to the steps Carlo suggested, I performed a "refresh" install of Windows, which rolled me back from 20H2 to 2004. Things were running great until I ran Windows Update. Three updates were installed, two of which I was able to uninstall, the third I can't.

The Feature Update To 10 20H2 via Enablement Package KB4562830 and kb5000842 updates both allowed me to uninstall them, but removing them had no impact on my download speed. The Servicing Stack 10.0.19041.903 update won't let me uninstall it, no matter how I try.

I even tried upgrading to 20H2 with no luck. And after upgrading to 20H2 even performing the Network Reset steps aren't helping at this point. It really seems like Microsoft pushed a bad update to Windows 10 that's causing this behavior.

Anyone has any suggestions, of things to test, let me know.

Continue reading...

Back