Windows 10 Pro BSOD after Event 56 Application Popup error

• Thread starter Thread starter DougTru
  • Start date Start date
D

DougTru

I have formatted my primary OS drive and performed a clean install. All drivers are up to date. All Windows Updates are current. There are no hardware issues that I can identify. This error is causing random Bluescreens during games, while idle and even a few minutes after it boots into Windows.

I have tried different video cards. I have tried 5 different video drivers. My SSD has been scanned many times for errors with none found. I have use SFC /Scannow to death!

Error:

"The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event."

The computer never reboots after a crash. It hangs at 100% then generates an error.

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

This has got to be software related. It is too inconsistent to be a game or application causing it. I have installed everything from scratch and the issue still plagues my computer and is preventing my from making a living making Unreal Engine game levels!

What else can I do to resolve this?

The first person to say "use sfc /scannow" or "use DISM" will be known as the "Least Helpful Person on the Internet!" I have run both tools many, many, many times with ZERO helpful results.

Continue reading...

Back