Windows 10 PC rebooting without error, sometimes doesn't fully restart, other issues

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Bluewolf~
  • Start date Start date
B

~Bluewolf~

I've posted about this on two different websites, got very little or no response so trying here as I'm getting to a point I may just have to send it back for repairs. I have a fairly new PC, about 5 months old, that will reboot sometimes without an error screen. I can be just playing a game and it'll give me the "shutting down" screen as if I restarted the PC myself and try to restart. The problem is when it does this, it just kicks the LEDs on a couple of times then it will boot to the log in screen but within about 2-3 minutes, it restarts the process again. However, sometimes it does this after it has been shut down without any problems. I'll be asleep and wake up to see my PC trying to start up on it's own but it wont boot just simply kick the LEDs on a couple times and go dormant for a couple minutes before flashing the LEDs again. I may not be seeing it boot to the log in screen but usually if I see this I flip the power switch on the power supply to stop it. For a few days I'd just shut the PC down normally and then hit the power switch in the back to force it to stay off, it is currently setting like this and hasn't been started in maybe a week or two while I've been on the other PC trying to find any answers as to what can cause this so I can repair this at home.

At first I thought this was a displayport cable issue because of the feedback loop thing it can cause with cheap cables. I had a 3 foot cable from Amazon that was fairly tight and I also have two new kittens in the house so everything is a play pen, they was around the PC a couple times but no issues that I'd noticed until one night when one of them got behind my monitor and as I went to remove them, they hit the DP cable and it started this issue again. I changed the cable to a Accel DisplayPort 1.4 6.6 foot cable to try to stop the issue as I thought it was that at the time. Obviously, it wasn't the cause as I had hoped and thought it was.

(Note: my PC was purchased from a custom PC building website (CybertronPC), so all items are from there except the Razer products or stated)

Here are my PCs specs:

Case: Gamdias Talos P1 Mid Black (mentioned because of their I/O plate in the front)
CPU: Intel i7-9700k (not overclocked)
Motherboard: ASUS Strix Z390-E Gaming
GPU: GTX 1080TI on 416.?? drivers
RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB (not running at max as I'm not sure how to get that fixed without OCing)
First HD: Samsung 512GB 970 PRO PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 (only the OS on it, some game launchers, and a few programs)
Second HD: WD Black 6TB Hard Drive - WD6003FZBX (games and general storage, purchased via Amazon)
Water Cooling: CLX Quench 240 Closed Liquid Cooler (their own brand, was the only selection outside of air cooling)
Monitors: 2 of AOC G2590FX 25" Framless Gaming Monitor (one DisplayPort, one HDMI, purchased via Amazon)
Power Supply: 750 Watt Gamdias ASTRAPE M1 (RGB Lights)
Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity (12 button plate)
Keyboard: BlackWidow Tournament Edition Chroma V2

Continue reading...

Back