Windows 10 - No Option for 2560 x 1080 Display Resolution - HELP

• Thread starter Thread starter Jlevitt95
  • Start date Start date
J

Jlevitt95

Hello,

I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 Laptop connected to a StarTech USB 3.0 Triple Display Docking Station (USB3DOCKH2DP).

I've had my laptop connected to three (3) HP 24" monitors (1920x1080, extend mode) via the docking station for almost a year with no issues whatsoever. The monitors use HDMI inputs and the docking station has 1 HDMI output and 2 DisplayPort outputs. Therefore, I have the docking station connected to my monitors via one HDMI-HDMI cable and two DP-HDMI cables. Again, no issues so far.

Today, I just got a new LG 29" UW Monitor (29WK50S-P). It is a 21:9 / 2560x1080 monitor. I understand from reading the StarTech Docking Station manual that if you are using all three displays, it can support up to 3840x2160 on one monitor, and it has to be through the DisplayPort Port#1. Not a problem, sounds like it would work. BTW, I am switching out my main (center) 24" monitor with the 29" UW.

So I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of the monitor that was connected to the DisplayPort Port#1 and plugged it into my new 29" UW. It automatically set it to 1920x1080 so the image looks a little stretched, so I go into Display Settings to change it to 2560x1080 but that option is nowhere to be found in the dropdown--it only goes up to 1920x1080.

I tried updating the drivers for the monitor as well as the display adapter (StarTech docking station uses DisplayLink) to no avail.

The only other thing I can think of is that the DisplayPort-HDMI cable i'm using does not support the resolution. If that were the case, would the resolution still not show up as one of the options in the dropdown? Here is the link to the cable i'm using (it says it supports 4K):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z05JMKO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered a couple more DisplayPort-HDMI cables to test them out but they won't be here until tomorrow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Continue reading...