Windows 10 is stuck on the Windows log during a cold boot

• Thread starter Thread starter Silviu Spoiala
  • Start date Start date
S

Silviu Spoiala

I've recently reset my PC and since then Windows will not start during a cold boot. It gets stuck on the Windows logo screen. I have to press the reset button on the PC for Windows to start.

NOTE: By cold boot I mean starting by PC 1 day after it's been shut down.

I tried Startup repair which fails every time. The odd thing here is the Startup Repair log path, which is not on the Windows drive. I have 2 disks, disk0 and disk1. The Windows drive is on disk1. The Startup repair log file path is on disk0.

Example:

disk0 has drive D

disk1 has drive C (which contains the Windows installation)

After Startup Repair fails, the error message states the log file path is: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt . The log file is actually on drive C, same path.

I am mentioning this in case it has something to do with my issue.

When I start my PC after about 1 day, it gets stuck on the Windows logo screen, the black one. The loading animation is not displayed and my keyboard and mouse are not active, even though they are before Windows starts to load. As I mentioned, if I press the PC reset button Windows starts normally even if I shut the PC down and start a few minute later.

I would rather not have to press the PC reset button each time more that 1 day passes between boots. Any ideas?

Continue reading...

Back