Windows 10 failing to install latest update

• Thread starter Thread starter kensaiD 2591
  • Start date Start date
K

kensaiD 2591

I'm currently on Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 and have had zero issues with my PC over the years, until now.

Windows Update downloads the updates and advises the need to restart my PC, I run the restart and get met with the error "We couldn't install updates, undoing changes. Don't turn off your PC". This happens at the 98% mark.

When I get back into Windows and check the Update page, I have the below message.

"There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f0922)"

In googling this error code, I've tried several troubleshooting steps. I've outlined these below -

• I've ensured that .NET Framework is enabled in "Turn Windows features on or off";
  • I've cleared the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 folders;
  • I've gone through and uninstalled all recent updates;
  • I've ran DISM and sfc which both found zero errors and;
  • Of course, I've ran the Windows Update troubleshooter which also yielded no results

None of this has proven to resolve the issue unfortunately. I've also read that this error code indicates insufficient space, which makes no sense as my current system drive has 577 GB free.

For now, I've simply deferred the update, however I know this isn't ideal. I do not want to have to do a clean install of Windows for this as, frankly, that's a workaround and not a fix.

Continue reading...

Back