Windows 10 bootup Freezes on the MSI Bios logo with the loading circle and after a few seconds it freezes.

• Thread starter Thread starter Byron_Gi
  • Start date Start date
B

Byron_Gi

Hi

I have recently been having an issue with booting Windows 10 on my desktop, It seems that every other time I try to boot it freezes on the MSI boot logo screen with the loading circle moving but then after a few seconds it freezes. I'm using a MSI z170a, now, I've tried the factory BIOS version and the newest version but same thing happens. Is this a windows, Motherboard or RAM issue?

This all started when I rebooted my PC, in the past, similar things have happened such as: RAM and CPU lights flashing on mobo with no display showing on my screen but nothing wrong with my CPU and RAM. Sometimes when booting, the VGA light goes on and same thing with screen not displaying anything but knowing my GPU is working 100%.

P.S. when i did the windows reinstall, the windows starts to load the services, etc while on the MSI logo screen and then freezes as mentioned above. Maybe this helps I don't know.

Things I've tried:

Windows reinstall - on two different drives

system restore

different BIOS versions

unplugged all extra peripherals as well as my Dedicated GPU

tried 1 of each of my 2 RAM sticks in all 4 slots

reset my CMOS by pressing the button on my mobo and manually removing and reseating it

defaulted bios settings

enabled and disabled XMP RAM profiles.

Overclocked and under clocked and defaulted my CPU/RAM

used onboard and Dedicated GPU

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thanks in advance

Continue reading...

Back