Windows 10 and DWM.exe any way to fix the high CPU usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter windows10isbad
  • Start date Start date
W

windows10isbad

As of January 31st 2020 my computer has been running exceptionally slow, I decided to 'poke around' and open task manager to find that DWM.exe has decided to make itself a big problem, this has never happened to me and in the 4 years I've been on windows 10 I never even knew DWM was a process in my task manager, it has never pulled resources and made it go to the top of task manager.

Even after clean windows installations, it has just decided to keep eating up resources no matter what I do, I could just click on chrome and the process shoots up to almost 20% CPU usage, and that's just web browsing.

Playing games is another story, while I have a game open DWM.exe just decides to hog all my CPU for no good reason, nothing I can find provides any solution to make it not do this.

I'm not talking subtle usage either, my games, even the least demanding ones like South Park Stick of Truth lag horrendously

SP may use like 30% CPU AT MOST but DWM sits at around 40-50% why???

THIS WASNT AN ISSUE ON JANUARY 30TH IT LITERALLY HAPPENED OVERNIGHT.

If anyone has any idea on how to reduce usage caused by DWM.exe then let me know.

I have installed windows a countless amount of times and this problem still seems to be persistent even on a fresh installation of windows.

In fact as I write this I have just done another clean install and am in the process of setting everything up again now.

Windows 10 has been nothing but a show of poor performance and issues for me.

My specs aren't the best which is kind of why I need the extra CPU power.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Specs:

Amd A10-7800 3.5ghz APU

Geforce GTX 1050 oc

12 gigs of ddr3 clocked at 1666mhz

Continue reading...