Win10 clients will not connect to mapped network drives on Server2007 at startup

• Thread starter Thread starter CallumRowe
  • Start date Start date
C

CallumRowe

Hi all, hope you can help.

I have a small office with 11 clients and 1 server, server is running 2007 SP2 and clients were all win7. I have upgraded 3 of the clients to win10 but are having issues with our mapped network drives on the server not connecting automatically at startup. We have 4 mapped network drives on the server which all clients can access. These mapped network drives are setup in desktop shortcuts, program shortcuts, database paths etc.

The win10 clients will sometimes connect to these server mapped drives at startup and sometimes not so it is quite frustrating. I have removed drives, re-mapped them and it is still inconsistent. The clients are turned off every night so have a cold boot in the morning and this is when the issue occurs most, a client reboot will always re-connect to the mapped network drives so I am guessing the connection is stored or caches on the server for a unknown time period.

No error messages come up on the win10 clients about "could not connect to mapped network drive", they just don't connect. The only way to make them connect is to open explorer and click on the 4 drives that have the red X next to them, they connect straight away but this manual connection is an issue. Could anyone shed some light on why this is a win10 issue only, none of the other win7 clients have the issue.

I need to try and pinpoint why the win10 clients connect sometimes and not others, more often than not (90/10).

Any help, guidance appreciated....

Continue reading...

Back