Wify keeps dropping when downloading large files

• Thread starter Thread starter JoseGomes88
  • Start date Start date
J

JoseGomes88

Hi

recently I had an issue that I thought it was only me, but surprisingly it is a recurring issue for Windows 10 users.

Every time I was trying to download a large file through wi fy (it was in Epic Games Launcher) the wi fy Router would stop working.

After reading some similar questions here, I did not really solve the issue in the end, but I have some ideas and I would like to have this problem eventually solved.

I installed official drivers provided in the manufacture's page for my laptop. I have a Gaming Laptop from MSI

I ended up with a software in my computer called Killer Diagnostics, which can be found here: killernetworking.com

This software is supposed to help you to manage your wi fy and allow you to have a better experience.

I uninstalled this software and the problem is still not solved, as soon as I start a download of a large file through wi fy, my wi fy ROUTER crashes.

I don't know if it is possible that this software did changes to my computer that isn't automatically undone when I uninstall it. And I wonder if anyone had similar issues or have any idea of what to do. Right now the work around is to download such files using cable and then go back to wi fy.

Continue reading...

Back