Why does Windows Update KB2670838 cause Microsoft Word 2010 to stop allowing copy and paste and caus

AWS

Owner
When I updated windows update to get the IE 10 update I found a different update by the the name of Platform Update for Windows 7 x64 (KB2670838). I installed the update and restarted my computer as instructed but when my computer rebooted and I
tried to use the copy/paste function in Microsoft Word 2010 the application would not allow it and would give the error message "that selection is incorrect" or something like that. I also tried to edit the document in LibreOffice and save it as a different
file format. Neither option worked.  When I tried to scroll down web pages in Google Chrome instead I zoomed in and out of the pages. That problem was also encountered in MS Word.  Another problem I encountered was the way links in the control panel and possibly
all of windows file manager all opened in new windows on left click.  When I figured out the problems started after I installed the update I immediately clicked on system restore and that restore fixed all the problems.  What I want to know is if these problems
will occur again if I reinstall the update.

View this thread

Back