Why do I need administrator permission to save a file on my own computer that no one else uses???

• Thread starter Thread starter AubreyKoebach
  • Start date Start date
A

AubreyKoebach

I'm just trying to save a game file onto my SSD, but for some reason it says that I need administrator permission, but I AM the administrator. My user profile says that I am an administrator, and I've never had issues with this sort of thing until just now. I've been able to save files wherever I want, but all of a sudden now I can't. I can save it to my hard drive with no problems, but not my SSD. I've tried searching around for help, and found something where I'm supposed to try typing " net user administrator \active:yes " into the command prompt, and it said the command saved successfully or something, but I can't find an explanation of what that was even supposed to do. It definitely didn't fix my problem. Also, now I have a second "administrator" user out of nowhere so something I did to try and fix it has made it worse. It won't let me delete that user either. So it's just there now, and it wants to default to signing into that "account" when I boot up my computer. How do I make that go away? Please please help. I'm so frustrated with this, and it's all way beyond my understanding.

Continue reading...

Back