Where to Officially Download DirectX SDK (June 2010)?

• Thread starter Thread starter KyleR90
  • Start date Start date
K

KyleR90

Hello, I've been trying to install a game engine on my Windows 10 PC, but, I'm getting an error message that is saying that it needs the DirectX SDK (June 2010) to be installed as a mandatory prerequisite. (Note: I say "game engine" because I don't know if I can say the name without violating NDA or confidentiality).

Since I read that the DirectX SDK is no longer available for download, I have tried to find others ways of installing the game engine in a way that it would recognize DirectX from the Windows SDK, but no matter what I've done or tried to find an answer online I hadn't seemed to find one. I've been talking back and forth with the game engine support and they have not been able to help me, since apparently, they still have the DirectX SDK when it was available for download. They also have said that the game engine can use newer versions of DirectX, but basically from what I've gathered, is it needs the DirectX SDK (June 2010) to start with in order to set up properly.

So, basically, this request is asking if I can get a copy of the DirectX SDK (June 2010) somewhere? I know I can download it from archive websites, but I don't know if unofficial downloads violate the DirectX SDK License for making more copies than the license permits and where it says "not to publish the software for others to download".

For some reason Microsoft still has the DirectX SDK (March 2008) available for download, but that version doesn't work with the game engine.

Please don't reply with saying "it's legacy software, it's ok to download anywhere." As that's not what the SDK license says.

Please reply only with an official link or a way to download the DirectX SDK officially.

Continue reading...