What Happens to Calendar Invites Sent to an IMAP Account?

• Thread starter Thread starter Road Hazard
  • Start date Start date
R

Road Hazard

What happens when the built-in Windows 10 Mail/Calendar apps receive a calendar invite addressed to an IMAP account?

As far as I can tell, the invitation simply disappears into a black hole. I can accept the meeting invitation, and it's automatically and immediately removed from my Inbox, but the meeting itself never appears on any calendar. It's just gone.

Details: I have Mail configured to monitor four different email accounts: one for Outlook.com, one iCloud, one Gmail, and one IMAP. Similarly, Calendar is set up to monitor three of those four accounts. (IMAP does not support calendars.)

1. If I receive a calendar invite sent to my Outlook.com address, it correctly appears on my Outlook calendar.

2. If I receive a calendar invite sent to my iCloud address, it correctly appears on my iCloud calendar.
3. If I receive a calendar invite sent to my Gmail.com address, it correctly appears on my Google calendar.

4. If I receive a calendar invite sent to my IMAP address, it disappears completely and never appears on any calendar.

This seems like a big problem. Surely there's some workaround or configuration tweak I've overlooked.

Continue reading...

Back