Using "Link to Windows"/"Your Phone Companion" with Samsung Galaxy Note 10

• Thread starter Thread starter MrAndrewsTom
  • Start date Start date
M

MrAndrewsTom

I got the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 recently.
I'm trying to make it work with the "Your Phone" app on Windows 10, which is supposed to be really easy considering that "Link to Windows"/"Your Phone Companion" are preinstalled on the phone.
I managed to connect the phone to my Microsoft account (I see it at the portal). I also managed to get it listed in the "Your Phone" app on my laptop. The problem is, the app is blank. Basically, it's unable to fetch any information from the phone (Notifications/Messages/Photos/Apps). When I try to refresh, it always gets to the "We can't connect to ... Note 10. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the Internet." error. The app is for sure connected to the phone because "Open phone screen" works flawlessly, I can see the phone screen and control it, but nothing else does.
The phone itself shows the "Connected to your PC" notification and also shows that it's connected to my laptop in Settings -> Advanced features -> Link to Windows.

Things I checked so far:

1. The Windows "Your Phone" app is latest version (from Microsoft Store).
2. The "Link to Windows"/"Your Phone Companion" are both latest version from the Galaxy Store.
3. I also tried the version of "Your Phone Companion" from Play Store (it's newer) - same result.
4. All required permissions are granted to the "Your Phone Companion" app on the phone on Android level.
5. Both laptop and phone are connected to the same WiFi (no AP isolation on the router).
6. Also tried allowing sync over mobile data and disconnecting the phone from WiFi - same result.
7. Network profile on the laptop is Private, sharing options are enabled.

8. The phone is for sure connected to the PC over bluetooth (displayed as a device on the laptop).
9. Windows 10 is latest (2004 build 19041.508).
10. Phone is also latest (N970FXXU6DTH7/N970FOXM6DTH7).

It's really frustrating, and any help will the highly appreciated.

Things I can see interfering:
1. On the laptop I have 2 Microsoft accounts (work and personal). Although, both the app on the laptop and on the phone show my personal account in the Settings.
2. Missing drivers on the laptop. Although, Windows Update doesn't find anything and when the phone is connecting to the laptop via bluetooth is seem to be set-up properly.

Continue reading...

Back