User account can no longer make changes, and I can't log into Administrator

• Thread starter Thread starter hamzilly
  • Start date Start date
H

hamzilly

As of a few months ago, any installation or uninstallation of an application (mostly third-party software, I can still install and uninstall Microsoft store apps) required Administrator permission for me to do. Up until then, I was able to make changes with my User account.

My Admin account requires a password that I do not know (I've tried to change it through Command Prompt and Device Management, only to get an "Access Denied" message. This is mainly an issue because I've been trying to move Windows from my HDD to my newly purchased SSD, but I can't even migrate my SSD because I don't have permission to do anything in Device Management.

I've also tried to factory reset, but that also requires permission that I do not have because now only the Administrator Account I cannot change the password to has permission.

Additionally, I've been receiving a lot of data breaches in google chrome, and a random "Managed by my Organization" notification on Chrome, despite using a personal Gmail. Could it be possible that I was browser hijacked and it somehow made its way to the rest of my computer?

Continue reading...

Back