USB-C headset not working on my laptop, but on a friend's one is working

• Thread starter Thread starter FernandoBorea
  • Start date Start date
F

FernandoBorea

Hey y'all

I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-DF0XXX. It has two USB-C ports which are working just fine (tried connecting my phone and it recognizes it without issues). I had a set of USB-C earphones from Huawei (It came with the Mate 10 Pro), and when I connect them to my computer, literally nothing happens, just as if I hadn't plugged anything.

I tried connecting them to a friend's laptop (HP Pavilion x360) and they do work just fine, it even gets the Windows pop-up saying that Windows is setting up the device, and when I go to Device Manager, it does show it has drivers available to use the earphones. I tried a bunch of things but nothing worked, these are my attempts:

-Tried on both USB-C ports

-Tried updating BIOS

-Tried searching for updates to the audio drivers

-Tried with a USB-C dongle (yes, out of desperation I plugged a USB-C dongle to plug the USB-C earphones hahaha)

-Tried connecting something else (my phone) to the port to see if they were working

-Tried plugging the earphones with Device Manager opened (nothing happened)

-Tried running the audio troubleshooter

-Tried to update windows

-Tried asking the laptop politely to recognize the earphones

Here's some pics of the Device Manager with the earphones plugged in:

27785823-2b80-4cdb-8a21-2818dcd4554a?upload=true.jpg8f7794a2-b7a5-4955-8b77-0a0ea0425155?upload=true.jpg

The driver name that shows up in my friend's computer is this (in case it's useful):

HUAWEI USB-C HEADSET

Driver provider: Microsoft

Date: 29/1/2021

Driver version: 10.0.19041.789

Digital signature: Microsoft Windows

Thanks in advance for the help and time :)

Continue reading...

Back