Unable to sign in to Windows 10 with my Microsoft account

• Thread starter Thread starter MilanChytil
  • Start date Start date
M

MilanChytil

I have a brand new PC running Windows 10 Home for my personal use. I set it up through a Local Account but now wanted to add an option to sign in with my Microsoft Account. I'm able to log into my Microsoft Account through a web browser (Firefox, Edge, Chrome) but my attempts to add a Microsoft Account sign in option to my PC have been failing:

1. Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options gives me a blank screen (see below). I see the same blank screens for all the other options in the left column below:

a8acdea6-d4f2-4b3e-96a5-96730030389f?upload=true.png

2. Settings -> Login (upper left corner). The screenshot below shows the screen after I type in my login name and password. I'm 100% confident that I'm typing in the correct credentials.

dbb2f22f-b0bd-4d63-b5a5-827d4a90f685?upload=true.png

3. Microsoft Edge -> Sign In (upper right-hand corner). Microsoft Edge works fine but when I click on the User icon -> Sign In, I get the following pop-up before I even have a chance to type in my credentials.

9d785e3d-adfe-4eb4-8963-9155dfcbd1d8?upload=true.png

I'm getting frustrated because I do not see a path forward from here. Googling "Error code: 5, 2, 0" gives some cryptic, but serious sounding, scenarios that MSFT techs would have to address.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks!

Continue reading...

Back