Unable to delete DNS records of demoted DCs

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhijit Mathew
  • Start date Start date
A

Abhijit Mathew

Hello, have an issue in a 2008 Forest/domain where a recently demoted 2016 DC is not able to be deleted in DNS. On <g class="gr_ gr_122 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="122" id="122">deletion</g> the record comes back on hitting refresh.

Dcdiag and <g class="gr_ gr_133 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="133" id="133">repadmin</g> do not seem to have any issues. Two 2016 DCs were introduced but they were not getting any <g class="gr_ gr_134 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="134" id="134">sysvol</g> or <g class="gr_ gr_135 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="135" id="135">netlogon</g> folders replicated so both of them were demoted. These 2 demoted DCs are no longer showing up in Domain Controllers OU in AD, I will need to promote them back once I have issue below addressed

Issue I am having is in DNS when I am trying to delete the DNS entries for these 2 demoted DCs (_ldap, _kerberos) on hitting refresh they come back and I am unable to delete any of their SRV records in DNS, this occurs on both of the existing 2012R2 DCs. The demoted DCs are not present under Name Servers any longer

Have you come across this scenario before?

Continue reading...

Back