Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

• Thread starter Thread starter ap973
  • Start date Start date
A

ap973

Hi!

I'm Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside these. I am able to change the icons in other folders. I just installed Windows 10 and made all the updates. I have only one account which is a Local Administrator Acct .

I tried looking at this as a solution :

Folder you want to change the icon > Properties > Security > Edit > Click on "Users {pcname\users}", under "Group or Users Names" > Tick the Box to Allow "Full Access" > Apply > Ok > Change the Icon.

However under "Users {pcname\users}" everything is grayed-out and therefore I canot change privileges. Full Control and Modify are not selected (empty boxes), but since when I try to edit everything is grayed-out I don't have the ability to get privileges.

Under Administrators (MyPC\AdministratorsI everything is grayed-out also and the only box selected is Special Permissions. i don't know if this is normal.

How can I edit permissions or privileges when everything is grayed-out? Would this be the reason I cannot change the icons?

I already did a scan using sfc/ scannow and the other scan using DISM command which found nothing wrong. Again this is a fresh install of Windows 10 less than a day with no new programs installed. I never had this problem in Windows 10 before on another PC.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

Thank you,

AP

Continue reading...

Back