Tried Upgrade from Windows Pro 7 to 10 issues appeared not right away - tried to go back to 7 but some things are messed up!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter D P S
  • Start date Start date
D

D P S

Help!

1) Was having trouble doing a full back up, repair disc, system image ... etc.

2) As a result of #1 I delayed doing the upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro on an HP Notebook, however I did save the download to do it later.

3) Should have done more homework before attempting the upgrade. Did manage to copy my documents etc to external storage. Did not have enough room, or did not want to loose anything by doing system repair or image on the same external storage.

4) Tried the upgrade anyway. It worked to my surprise...however still could not do a repair disc or image for the new windows 10 version. :( Carried on anyway and it worked for a while.

5) Had trouble not (sure if it was after and update or not) long after the upgrade. After booting up and windows 10 pro loaded it went to a blue screen and the text was not legible it was just vertical lines.

6) Not sure exactly what I did at that point, but I managed to get to control panel system troubleshooting and did a revert back to Windows 7.

Now in Windows pro 7 not quite...

7) That worked okay ..... somewhat .... (some of the drivers did not come back in particular the touchpad mouse, so had to find out how to move around. Not very easy to do... :)

8) I finally got to a point where I tried to install the drivers with the warnings on them (selected in device manager). For ex. Bluetooth adapter, Mice and other pointing devices, Modems.

9) When I open any of the flagged ones -- the device properties general tab -- in the device status window it states.

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Keep in mind I do not have easy control to do anything on that machine. I am accessing this forum from another device.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP to get me up and running again.

D

Continue reading...

Back