"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework v4.0.30319"

• Thread starter Thread starter Bryan Javid
  • Start date Start date
B

Bryan Javid

I recently decided to perform a system recovery on my desktop because I was unable to uninstall apps and the system was overall slower than usual.

After the system recovery was successful, Whenever I tried to open or install applications or programs, I would receive the following error :

"Please set the registry key

HKLM[COLOR=rgba(17, 17, 17, 1)]\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(17, 17, 17, 1)]point[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(17, 17, 17, 1)]to the .NET Framework install location"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(17, 17, 17, 1)]After correcting this I started getting another error:[/COLOR]

"To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

v4.0.30319

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework."

When I try to install the latest version of the .NET Framework, it says ".NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on the computer."

I've tried using Microsoft .NET Framework repair tool with no luck and spent hours searching up if there's a way to uninstall the .NET Framework and reinstall it and found nothing so I'm turning to the community for help.

Also I'm running on Windows 10.

Continue reading...

Back