The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors Errors Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter Hatedbymany
  • Start date Start date
H

Hatedbymany

I've been having this problem reoccur and was driving me crazy. I tried every fix i could from this website and others.

My fix for this problem was to purchase a new SATA cable for my HDD ( which happens to be a Kingston SSD drive ). Which also has my operating system on it.

My Eureka moment happened when I was transferring files from one drive to another, and a semi happened to drive by. I noticed that the file transfer dropped to zero for speed, and a few seconds later blue screen of death appeared. Saying

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors Errors

I shut down the computer and opened the tower. I moved the HDD cables around to check if they were connected. Put the cover back on the tower and booted up my system. It started up no problem.

I then gave my tower a smack and said don't do that again... To my surprise a few seconds later i get the,

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors again. Putting 2 and 2 together i figured it was either the power cable going to the SSD or the sata cable. I had bought a new HDD and it had a cable in the box. I replaced my old cable for the new one and haven't had the blue screen of death since.

Continue reading...

Back