TEMP System folder location or why it would fill up by itself?

• Thread starter Thread starter JuozasUrnikis
  • Start date Start date
J

JuozasUrnikis

Hello,

I'm having a problem where my Temp System folder keeps filling up until there is no space. And it's not the regular Temp folder, I'm not sure if that's how it's called but in the Kaspersky tools section which I use to delete it every two days it's called the Temp System folder and it's not the same as the Temp folder.

Here's a longer explanation:(the summary is lower)

I've tried all the fixes I could find on the internet but all of them were for the Temp folder so nothing worked. I have set to view hidden folders and show system files but if I right click and see properties nothing takes up this space and in the windows settings and storage section it does show up as used space but it doesn't show what is using it or lets me delete it as I said I keep using Kaspersky to do it.

It's not a windows up date problem. I didn't feature update my laptop for a few days so I first thought that might be the problem but this wasn't happening in the first few days and it didn't stop after installing the update.

I had this problem before and I think I wrote here about this but now it treated me like a new user and I couldn't find that I wrote here. When I had this last time I think to fix it I only had to go to the windows settings or some apps settings and turn something on or off. And now this happened after I took my laptop for repairs so I'm not sure if it's related but the reason I took it for repairs happened before as well where it wouldn't turn itself on. Last time it fixed itself simply after not turning it on for a day this time it lasted a week and still didn't start. So I don't remember if it happened at the same time last time but just like my battery conservation setting keeps turning itself off if the battery is removed and it doesn't matter if the laptop is on or off plugged in or off. So maybe it's related to that problem and I think it in the task manager it shows windows log something using my hard disk.

Also it's possible that this was done on purpose by the repairers because one they wanted my password when my problem was a hardware one and not a software one(as they explained the laptop didn't turn on because it didn't fully turn off I thought maybe it was something else because last time it fixed itself after a day) since I had nothing I couldn't show to someone I thought fine so I just gave it to them and two when they got it to work they said to me that the hard disk was working very slowly they were adamant that it is faulty. But I know that there is nothing wrong with it because I don't use this laptop that much and it works as good as it did the day I bought it and if the hard disk was faulty from the beginning it wouldn't have worked for me more than five years problem free(hard disk related I mean).

Summary:

So again my Temp System folder keeps filing up until there is no more space if no one has an idea why that at least if someone could tell me how to access the System Temp folder(not the regular temp folder) so I could view what files are taking up this space because I think that's how I found what the problem was last time. And it's possible that this was done on purpose by the ones who repaired my laptop.

Regards Juozas

Continue reading...