Taskbar no longer pops up when a window is open

• Thread starter Thread starter BenjaminCondon
  • Start date Start date
B

BenjaminCondon

Hi there,

I have am running Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903). I have my taskbar set so that it disappears from view when not being used and reappears when i bring my mouse down to the bottom of the screen, where the taskbar is. This works fine on desktop view and had always worked (for years) when i had a window open in full (word, browsers (chrome, IE, folders window, settings window, any window), until, out of the blue, it didnt! From about a week or so ago, the task bar will no longer pop up when i take my mouse to the bottom of the screen, when I have any window open fully. This is very frustrating as I am having to close windows, every time I want to go from one application, to another (for example from chrome to a word document) - or to click on the start menu. I recall the ability to make some (possibly word documents) ‘extra large’, but I dont belive that it is related to this; it occurs with any application window. I’ve looked at and fiddled around with the taskbar settings, but this doesnt change anything. I can of course lock the taskbar so that it stays up perminantly, but I find this intrusive and encroeches on space; besides, I liked the way it was before, I dont understand why it changed (its possible I accidently pressed the wrong button) and how I can get it back. Having to close applications just to access the task bar is cumbersome and time consuming.

Is anyone able to offer up a possible solution, please! I’d be ever so grateful!
Best wishes,

Ben.

Continue reading...

Back