Streaking/smearing graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer

• Thread starter Thread starter Tvindi
  • Start date Start date
T

Tvindi

Hello,

I've been having the same issue with Windows File Explorer since I purchased Dell XPS 15 9570 a litlle less than a year ago. There was numerous problems with the system and it took Dell almost a full year to fix everything, changing multiple parts several times, however, one of the issues still persists, which is the streaking/smearing/laggy graphics when scrolling in Windows 10 File Explorer. Regardless of me repeating to Dell that this might be a software/OS related issue, Dell has changed the motherboard with integrated CPU and graphics 3 times (not solely because of this issue, but nonetheless). After a year of back and forth with Dell and fixing one issue after another, the computer now does work flawlessly on the hardware side and Windows 10 has been clean installed two weeks ago (and is up to date with the latest version of 1809), however, the scrolling issue persists.

The streaking/smearing/laggy graphics when scrolling is only present in Windows 10's File Explorer and nowhere else. I have extensively tried to find solution online but I cannot find the exact problem explicitly related to the File Explorer. Here is the link to the problem: https://youtu.be/3umLNBRpSt0

The issue with scrolling is only present when using the touchpad. When I connect the external mouse the issue is gone.

About the system:

Dell XPS 9570

4K Touch 15" Display

Intel i7-8750H 8th Gen 2.20 GHz

32 GB RAM

SSD Storage

All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

Thank you for your help!

Continue reading...

Back