Slowed down internet

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyoun
  • Start date Start date
G

Gyoun

I have a problem related to internet and network settings in Windows 10.

The problem what I am currently experiencing is that the internet speed is slowed down significantly to 3% of the contracted speed. Normally I get 100Mbps from speedtest, but everytime I experiencing the problem the speed slowed down to 3Mbps. Therefore the web browsing is significantly slowed and so as the pings in video games. the usual pings I get is 30ms however when the speed is slowed down. This happens intermittently and without any reason. Rebooting the computer, resetting the modem or router didn't help. The only solution is to press "Network reset" in Network & Internet page then reboot.

I recently upgraded from windows 7 where I never had this problem. I first thought this might due to the router or the modem but it has nothing to do with them.

I have no idea what causes this problem. I have run network diagnosis and no problem was found. I have been keeping the exact hardware for 5 years so there wouldn't be an issue arise from recently installed hardware. The OS recognizes no problem from impacted network speed. But I am tired of keep resetting the network every time the internet is slowed down. I need to find the root cause of this problem and resolve it.

Does anybody else experiencing same type of problem?

Thanks,

Continue reading...

Back