Sent outlook emails end up in Gmail receipent's spam, DKIM signature is apparently invalid

• Thread starter Thread starter SuyashN
  • Start date Start date
S

SuyashN

It's happened quite often that whenever I send a message to a gmail account, it ends up in the recipient's spam folder. I only know of this when the intended recipient contacts me elsewhere when they don't get an email they were expecting and I have to ask them to check their spam. While this has not caused any known issues so far, I have no idea if many time-critical messages and emails sent to people who don't know me personally or weren't expecting one have been missed. It may be noteworthy that it only happens the first time I send an email to someone.

I found a service 'mail-tester.com' that supposedly checks your email for spam, and when I sent my first email from the UWP Mail app, it gave me a result saying that my DKIM signature was invalid. Which I have no clue what it means. It gave me a score of 7/10, with -3 for this issue.

says this is my DKIM signature and public key respectively (the block with more text is signature and one with 4 lines is the key). (I don't get this formatting, the nested smaller block is the public key). The key length is 2048 bits and the signature is not valid.

When I sent two more emails first from the outlook website and then from the UWP again, i got a score of 9.9. I could not test further because the service restricts me to only 3 email checked per day.

Please help ASAP as this is turning out to be a major inconvinience. And if necessary, to clarify, this is my personal account I have never spammed people with it for any buisness, however it is possible in the past I may have sent bulk emails to a large amount of friends or colleagues. However I do not recall doing so, and it is certainly not common.

v=1;
a=rsa-sha256;

c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=outlook.com;
s=selector1;
h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck;
bh=BjRcFBKF231jTbzUjahCN25nolnRAsf/ZHHLq3iOn0U=;
b=Tf7voEzjZyVmjfEqB8nyXEyxbl4ZFlcnJzUbg3xGonTkZrrBMGsWx22j1RG4Y/yLwfH9w0qlzXJfbPtGHdx264SpKy0bYHqM4HLCZHpWX6fE0W7QYnrnO8fJ6jxoNVio1znaGZco5llQ2RhhTpe+1bK4WeMQEZacP5GCkSGU5kb/l9TENgdKd9ZMXzoICT3ltPauHFSWb7iUQtdC9XPayuWIpGHgBiEElYFb+dvXDB6WvOSqygNMbY32uinW4KDa/zNoJ6m0zaqX1qxW4OxaLbZiHO7xEsb0+qRK6cg9QRIyPbAQo1FW2H8z8MX5tuSfioD/fpgpILyinqbYPCoJ/Q==

"v=DKIM1;
k=rsa;
p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAvWyktrIL8DO/+UGvMbv7cPd/Xogpbs7pgVw8y9ldO6AAMmg8+ijENl/c7Fb1MfKM7uG3LMwAr0dVVKyM+mbkoX2k5L7lsROQr0Z9gGSpu7xrnZOa58+/pIhd2Xk/DFPpa5+TKbWodbsSZPRN8z0RY5x59jdzSclXlEyN9mEZdmOiKTsOP6A7vQxfSya9jg5N81dfNNvP7HnWejMMsKyIMrXptxOhIBuEYH67JDe98QgX14oHvGM2Uz53if/SW8MF09rYh9sp4ZsaWLIg6T343JzlbtrsGRGCDJ9JPpxRWZimtz+Up/BlKzT6sCCrBihb/Bi3pZiEBB4Ui/vruL5RCQIDAQAB;
n=2048,1452627113,1468351913"

I asked this question in Microsoft Answers but was told to ask it here.

Thanks

Continue reading...

Back