Right click menu on an item in a OneDrive folder keeps closing until update is finished

• Thread starter Thread starter PhilippeBruno
  • Start date Start date
P

PhilippeBruno

Has anyone ever noticed how annoying it is to right click on a file or a folder (for example to see its properties) and before you even have time to select anything in the right click menu, it closes right before your eyes. You right click again, and the same things happen... And again... And again until OneDrive is finished updating. I believe this dates back to early versions of Windows, way prior to OneDrive, where the right click menu would close by itself if the underlying file was changed by some invisible process or by another application, especially in networked environnements.

In those days, prior to OneDrive, it did not strike me as much as a problem because I guess the chances of this happening were quite low. However, nowadays, with the ubiquitous presence of OneDrive, it is hard not to notice how annoying this can be to the point where, in some cases, it slows us down in our work. I mean, something as simple as saving a file to a OneDrive folder and attempting to right click on the file to make it "Read Only" can take literally several attempts because the right click menu keeps disappearing. You can either try to beat OneDrive at it by right clicking quickly and selecting what you want in a blink or wait for OneDrive to be up to date by watching its icon in the tray area.

Is there a workaround or a fix to this that may have eluded me so far?

Continue reading...

Back