RDP scaling on high DPI displays and terminal services

• Thread starter Thread starter 7784codey
  • Start date Start date

7784codey

Ever since upgrading to a device with a high DPI display (in this case Surface Book), I can no longer use terminal services, something I have relied on for years. The resolution on all remote displays is so small that it is unworkable. There is a trick you can do outside of full screen mode to adjust the resolution, however, it means you then have to use scroll bars to get to and from the taskbar, which again is unworkable.

I have read many forums and posts about this issue, but am yet to find a solution. If I use another operating system on a high DPI device, such as an Apple, this is not an issue and I can use terminal services fine.

Is it really acceptable for Microsoft to continue to ignore such a critical issue? And make no mistake this is a critical issue since half the workforce at my company can no longer use terminal services due to their upgraded devices.

This surface book along with any other high DPI device running Windows is effectively useless for doing any work that requires the use of terminal services, something thousands of companies around the world are completely reliant upon.

I do not want to switch to Apple because I dislike them, but currently they are the only viable alternative that will allow me to have an up to date device and still be able to use Microsoft terminal services.

Does anyone else have any opinions on this topic?

Continue reading...

Back