Randomly no internet service despite network access

• Thread starter Thread starter JohnAdamek
  • Start date Start date
J

JohnAdamek

Hey All I've been working on this all day. I got up this morning for a meeting and discovered on my I had no internet connect. I was able to login to email, Zoom, and our school's VPN just not Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Every so often if I get lucky I might eventually connect to one website but usually not the case. And when I run windows network diagnostics i get:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource (primary DNS server)

I have tried literally everything I've found to solve this issue and I'm out of options. Please someone help. I've tried:

1) updating network drivers, uninstalling and installing network drivers

2) Went into change adapter settings so that IPv4 and IPv6 were both on obtaining IP and DNS automatically. Then I tried using the whole preferred DNS server 8.8.8.8 and nothing

3) Did a bunch of clearing and resetting in the command window (ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/registerdns, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew, netsh int ip reset)

4) Did a deep virus scan

5) Made sure DPCP Client and DNS Client are running in services.msc

6) Reset the router, the computer, used a different Ethernet cable

7) Went in to edit the Hosts file and deleted it

8) Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.

9) Uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled

I don't understand why it stopped working out of nowhere. I went to bed browsing the web. I woke up and this happen.

I'm on Windows 10 x64

Ram: 16GB, Storage: 500gb m.2 ssd (primary), 1tb HHD and a 250gb SSD --- I do a lot of coding and programming

Anti-virus - Kaspersky Internet Security but I went through all of its settings and disabled the firewall and same internet issue persist.

Please does anyone know what to do ?? It seems if I restart my PC and open up internet explorer right away I get a minute or 2 of web browsing. And oddly enough if I were to open chrome typed in a webpage (mlb.com), it won't load but if I open internet explorer up it sometimes would "kick" chrome into finding the webpage. But thats short lived. So please any help you have

Continue reading...

Back