Rainbow Six Siege Crashes when launch

• Thread starter Thread starter MichaelQue
  • Start date Start date
M

MichaelQue

Please help me despite my absurd situation. I have an Macbook Pro with EGPU set up running on Windows.the GPU is the Amd Radeon vega 56(pretty powerful for most games on 1080p) My other games run fine like GTA5, Battlefront2, Minecraft and Rocket League. However, when I set my display to only be my external display which is running on the EGPU and run r6, I get a BSOD with kernal security check failure, or sometimes DPS watchdog violation. I've done everything on this article. Basic PC Troubleshooting. Literally everything please do not refer me back here. Anyways sometimes when I followed a specific step on this article the game actually runs and it runs amazing and I get really high frame rates as well just like my other game. But again it's not consistent and it would sometimes just crash again. I then read that r6 sometimes crashes because of multiple monitors, I already had windows set to run only on my external monitor, but I thought why not set it to only run on my internal display and then see what happened. And surprise it actually works and works great and is very consistent. So what I would do is after it runs successfully I would set windows to extended display and then launch again and sometimes it works. Or other times I would first set it to duplicate display, then set it to show only on my external display and it would also work. But that only worked if i set R6 to windows mode. But, I tried the process again to see if I got any consistency and then boom it crashed. By the way, if the game crashes, if i set it to only run on my external display I would actually get the BSOD, but if it is extended or in duplicate on my internal display it would not show BSOD but instead just like this weird glitch effect thing. Please help me despite my current situation. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Continue reading...

Back