Problem with MS account in W10 and Xbox app

• Thread starter Thread starter LeonW586
  • Start date Start date
L

LeonW586

Hi, i hope you can help me, i'm having a lot of trouble since i changed my password because now the xbox app is always asking for me to log in when it starts, it used to auto login before.

I've tried the following solutions:

• New account (and in the other account it seems to work, but i need my account because of certs).
  • System recovery deleting apps and keeping info.
  • Resetting Xbox app, store etc.
  • Deleting and reinstalling Xbox app.
  • Logging in and out of Console companion (didnt knew, but the problem also affects this app).
  • Activating 2 step verification.
  • Setting services to auto instead of manual.
  • Taking the MS account out of the store and putting it back.
  • Deleting my laptop from https://account.microsoft.com/
  • Verifying account.
  • Turning W10 MS account into local and back.

Now, this is what you see when you open the Xbox app...

2c9a4e22-69ed-4009-b9e1-2f5ad894713a?upload=true.jpg

It's not logged in, now, when we take look inside the Xbox app config...

e0db0a39-3fb3-4cc6-9e9d-e26cc4f62bf2?upload=true.jpg

You can see that it is logged in into the store, but its not logged into Xbox, this bothers me a lot, because it's the same account; now if i click into log in, this is what appears...

77743f1f-62a0-4e84-bf9a-c3929c1c5f62?upload=true.jpg

It's asking me for my password, even tho it's logged into the store... now i've got to add that this always shows in my W10 MS account config until i click on "update info", also on this account, the image doesn't show, dunno why.

e9e2cc8d-fa46-409f-9c59-828a2be6863a?upload=true.jpg

Ok, now, after updating my info... it asks for my password and to verify my identity with a code in phone number or email, the thing is, why does it need to verify my account everytime i log into my laptop?.

Now, after verification, the screen changes...

39748844-7271-4c06-b073-d0b5a45270e9?upload=true.jpg

See? no more "update your info" text, so let's see what happens with the Xbox app if i click on "Log in".

8160e7e9-b35a-4bcb-ae7f-cc9d09afc899?upload=true.jpg

Now she logs in inmediatly!! without asking for further verification.

Now, i think the problem comes with account verification, but why do i have to verify every time i turn on my laptop? is this a problem on my side? or on MS side? i have to add that i sign into my laptop with my MS account password.

You don't know my many SMS and email codes i got last day because of the verification problem, and the problem still persists after verifying 30+ times.

Can somebody help me with this verification problem? how to disable it or solve it, so it doesn't asks for the info update and maybe log into Xbox app automatically?

Thanks in advance.

Edit 1: after turning off and on, it asks for the "update info" again...

25d6933a-2a2f-48fa-b11d-0a5ffd3ecb2d?upload=true.jpg

Edit 2: after setting mi first account to local and signing into a second one i made 2 days ago, you can see she logs in everytime and i dont have the problem with the "update info" message, and "xbox companion" app logs in everytime...

fbd0ee26-6943-4271-95ee-a61b6cb0245a?upload=true.jpg

Now i'm going to install the xbox app, because i dont know why i have installed it in another account and it doesnt appear in this one, and lets see if she logs in...

7a991d09-c586-415d-87d4-492f2882421c?upload=true.jpg

Everything works in this account, i have to add that i have 2 HDD's and i've copied everything from the main user account to this 2nd user, so there's no poblem with deleting that one and keeping this one, except for a certificate that i can't export because it doesn't export with the key i need to validate my identity.

So, looks like the problem relates with the first user ( it's been here as the main user account since i've bought the laptop in december 2016) and that something happened to it when i changed the password.

So to be short:

• 1st user i've created in the laptop has been here from december 2016 without a problem, until i changed the password.
  • 2nd user i've created 2 days ago works fine.
  • I've tried all the solutions listed at the start of the post with no solution.

(both with the same MS account switching between local when trying)

I was thinking there should be a problem with the location where windows stores all the sign in data, and that there should be a conflict between log in credentials.

Continue reading...

Back