Post HDD to SSD Cloning Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter AdamCole45
  • Start date Start date
A

AdamCole45

I have a Dell Latitude laptop with Windows 7 that I have been trying to upgrade, since it has been incredibly slow for a while (booting up takes forever, programs often are "not responding", etc.). I got a WD SSD Blue to clone my current HDD (which came with my laptop in '12) onto. I was able to clone it using True Image software, but some problems were discovered after the cloning.

The first issue I noticed was that the audio was no longer working, and even said that there was no audio output detected. After placing the original HDD back into my laptop to see if it was still an issue, my audio was fine. The second issue came up when I attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 on the now cloned SSD. The upgrade would start, but then hang at 30% for hours until I force restarted my laptop, where it then told me that the upgrade failed. I also noticed that when I go to 'computer' and look at the disk, the HDD has the Windows symbol on it, while the SSD does not. I checked this as each disk was installed in the laptop. I also know that there are a few bad sectors on my HDD.

Did something go wrong during the cloning process? Did I miss something that I should have done to transfer my HDD to the SSD? Should I try upgrading my HDD to Windows 10 first, and then clone it to the SSD? What can be done to fix the audio issue on my SSD? Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back