Please make keystrokes faster/more responsive in Windows applications! Incl. but not limited to alt-tab.

• Thread starter Thread starter TWvBathss
  • Start date Start date
T

TWvBathss

Since Win 8, I, an Old-Timer (OT), started using Win 3.1/1990, have/has been experiencing pain in Windows applications, mainly Word, Excel, File Explorer.

The pain is about/around/associated with Esc key, alt-tab, ctrl-c/ctrl-v, ctrl-s.

ca. 4 years later I figured out a bit so I must let the cause of pain known before it's carried too far and "bomb" me and/or other Windows applications, mainly said applications above or not, users.

Collusion against users/customers/consumers could be 1 possible direction being worked on or not. In fact, once big company or companies lose sight of customers/users' need of being in control, it's already the start of the said dreadful.

My documented pains:

1. Mar. 16, 17, in Word, I pressed up/down/pgup/pgdn keys but just can’t see the cursor/the expected insertion cursor/the blinking one in Word despite of the title bar of Word displaying the color indicating Active. I then pressed Windows key, Esc key, then I see the cursor right where it was as expected, why the heck not before or immediately before? How's Windows made now? And again, it’s after a paste in Word from a webpage!

Jan. 9, 19 it appears to be associated with another fact that my typing in Word lands in Excel or Russia at times, for lack of location that I know of, incl. but not limited to ctrl-s/Save fails but leaves "s" in doc.

Also, the fact that I now having been forced and having so learned to press alt key twice before pressing the next key for a menu shortcut or a Quick Access Toolbar shortcut, why doesn't a MVP tell me that I need to press alt key twice since Win 8? Answer: because it's only at times! Sporadic! Good answer?

Other times a single alt key suffices. Why Windows does not indicate in any shape/form, that I can tell, that pressing 2 alt keys is due? Same answer? Same goodness?

Also, "after a paste in Word from a webpage" indicates a link/chain stemming from Paste, and possibly when source is from a Webpage, being a transaction of sort that locks/prevents user from using other Windows functions, and in this case continue typing in another Word doc, "troll" as I'm called by 2 MVPs and I'm not but need to type in multiple docs while 1 doc is waiting for Windows for reason known or unknown, it's how Windows was born, multi-task. Why can't I continue typing in another doc? How's Windows made now?

2. alt-tab/switching to Word fails repeatedly after a Cut in Paint! Why can't I paste the cut in Word? Should I wait for tomorrow? A "a link/chain", "locks/prevents user from using other Windows functions", "why?", pain!

3. typing of my account # or password lands in address bar/field of Internet Explorer and pressing Enter sends them to the World. How's Windows made now?

4. Please DO NOTcarry Close to Redo to another doc! Close means Finish, Finito, Adios, and normally has nothing to do in another doc, not even when Auf Wiedersehen which is usually at least tomorrow, unless ends to all is wished which is usually not for workers, real workers like OT.

Ditto:
  1. Redo Copy because the only thing I know Redo of Copy be losing what's already in clipboard and is bad when the user made a new selection! Yes, it took OT years to figure this out.
  2. Redo across Excel and Word, unless you, or anyone, not a troll, for this matter, provide/provides me an user-scenario whereby a user would like to do what's done in Excel repeated in Word and/or vice versa, a troll, as I'm called by 2 MVPs, perhaps, while I'm actually not. Funny? Not!

It needs to be said or said again on ground that this OT encountered/are attacked by rude, very, very and very rude MVPs, not 1, not 2, but 4 at opening his mouth after 4 years of pain. Hello, we are in democracy, last time I checked!

Is my name a problem, the name in my Profile, as 1 such MVP, Barnhill, Volunteer Moderator, suggests in her words, after 1st her using "nonsense" for my Subject without even understanding the Subject which is not long at all, "English is clearly not your first language".

And I must point out her tactics for the benefit of others who has the right in democracy to know her tactics:

1. be rude as indicated by "nonsense" to my name or to this name for generality or perhaps indiscriminately to any other names.

2. pick on the English syntax of/from my name or of/from this name for generality or perhaps indiscriminately of/from any other names.

3. when both a. and b. fail to achieve her pathetic sense of satisfaction, "English is clearly not your first language" to this name and impossible to all other names.

a. through c. are demonstrated in thread/Subject "Large And Important Documents Writers Community, 400 to 600 pages writers community", locked for unknown reason to me or perhaps there's "d.": lock him, not her, up! And 2nd "locked" on same Subject from OT! Wow?

1. Esc key failed or fails closing the window from in Word, alt-f/File, Open!

Pressing Esc key in 1 or the other has a different behavior as an OT expects! Is it too much for an OT to ask any MVP amongst the probably millions now to say something so that the OT doesn't have to find it out the hard way and have hard feelings? How's Windows made now?

Dec. 6, 16 Today, I was in Open dialog, but pressing Esc does not close that despite of my switching to another app and back again by alt-tab which I did a second time before Esc key closes that dialog. How's Windows made now? As in wait and press Esc again? Or switch back and wait before pressing Esc? Wow!

Dec. 8, 16 it can be worked around by pressing Tab and then Esc. And by Jan. 2019, it's pressing multiple tabs till Esc key closes the window, still faster than grabbing the mouse.

2. Jan. 9, 19 and after collecting 5 items above, starting from Windows Search by "c key", "keyboard", "ctrl-c", I still recall the thing that led me to here today!

And the "thing", "today" is the fact that I pressed ctrl-c in Excel on a cell, and find that my rapid switching to Word by alt-tab and pressing ctrl-f and ctrl-v be too fast for Win 8, as ctrl-f there gets pasted nothing! Hello Win 8, were you in Russia, for lack of location that I know of?

And that explains the cause of my suspicion that the c-key on my old keyboard is faulty, which suspicion is now proven not true after my having even created a doc, Aug. 11, 17, for my next desirable keyboard, time wasted because of Win 8, yes, Win 8 is not superior than its predecessor as far as I'm concerned and I gladly move with the new generation except the pain is undue if not inhumane, dogs are treated better nowadays in light of the rude MVPs who have the power of lock him, OT, up. And the conclusion of "my rapid switching to Word by alt-tab and pressing ctrl-f and ctrl-v be too fast for Win 8" is made by noticing the absence of the rolling borders of the cell or the conclusion must be ctrl-c was not effective and not that c-key on keyboard be faulty.

And speaking for the healthy c-key on the keyboard is my repeated noticing of ctrl-c failing at a website as indicated by the consequent paste in Word or Excel pasting nothing or the previous contents in Clipboard, from the precious ctrl-c. How's Windows made now?

How about an indicator for OTs, or not, after each ctrl-c indicating its successful completion of traveling to the Webpage and return and contents now available for Paste?

3. Spelling errors don't show in 1 doc but show when same content is pasted to another doc despite of both docs having the same Spell check settings which is Default.

And the pain is in court room/or court documents as the Spelling errors don't show at source doc but at target doc or a bomb that bombs only in court room, potentially, not yet for OT as I've stopped the "bomb" by enduring the pain. mental anguish!

4. Since I've started, and the day is shot due to this, why not ask for better behaviour of the ctrl-f window, too. Move to Document Map (DM) side, will you? I just moved you to there, why you come back to block my doc body where your hit is?

Or move to DM area rather than in front of the doc body, I let you thousands know that court documents are worked on using DM which collapses the inches-thick Acts/Regulations into a few pages in DM so 600 pages can be easier navigated by the "few pages" in DM!

Did you know that? Obviously, or not, not, and I let you thousands MVPs now know, for reciprocation, should you be nice to OTs? And you make the ctrl-f window to align with DM or left side rather than blocking the doc where the hit is, does it make sense to you? Not? Get it? Ask this OT if not, answer(s) may not be free.

5. Since or once you're in ctrl-f or coding of it, INCREASE its memory so it holds more, much more entries as the modern or not world so demands it as I constantly max it, very easy when dealing with multiple docs/subjects and find it hard to keep track of the terms that I searched for. You know, working on court documents with "inches-thick Acts/Regulations" to deal with. Get it? Not? Ask this OT if not, answer(s) may not be free. You can ask but I won't send a doc to you as they are legal stuff.

And the double underlined are flaws causing pain, years of pain! Which years are necessary to document, identify and express the pain as above.

For the years of pain sake, or not, please fix ASAP and improve the design process so Win 15, if I'm still around, will eliminate the pains! And "How about an indicator for OTs, or not, after each ctrl-c indicating its successful completion of traveling to the Webpage and return and contents now available for Paste?", particularly "7.", "bomb" in court room and "3.".

Continue reading...

Back