Pixel 4a (5G) does not pair with Your Phone on Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter DeLorean88
  • Start date Start date
D

DeLorean88

Previously I've used Pixel 2 paired with Your Phone on me Windows 10 Thinkpad X1 4th gen with no problem. Was able to see phone's notifications on my laptop, make/receive calls etc.

Replaced my old Pixel 2 with a new Pixel 4a (5G). Tried to connect it to Your Phone app on my laptop and failed a few attempts during last few weeks. The phone says it is connected to the app, but when I try to see notifications or messages on the laptop, it spins for a while and fails with the message below.

Obvious things

- both devices are turned on and connected to the same WiFi network

- "wireless isolation" is not enabled on my router, as evidenced by my previous phone connecting fine on the same network

Tried:

- reinstalling app on my phone and connecting again: same problem

- resetting Your Phone app (to factory settings) and reconnecting: same problem

On top of that, the Bluetooth connection (which is used for making phone calls via Your Phone app) is broken too: the laptop and the phone enter into this weird infinite loop when they both ask for approval to connect with that 6-digit number confirmation and, after confirming on both, keep asking for it again and again. Tried "forgeting" and unpairing on both the laptop and the phone, same result...

Laptop fully up-to-date with the latest firmware/drivers and a fully updated Windows 10. Phone is also fully up-to-date Android 11.

To: Microsoft rep, please don't bother with standard cut-and-paste cookie cutter answers of the sort "have you try to reinstall/reset blah". Yes I've tried everything and nothing worked

d3210c31-d5cf-4d45-a9be-c3a95d79793d?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back