Photos & videos transferred from old iPhone to laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

• Thread starter Thread starter RyanS.1
  • Start date Start date
R

RyanS.1

Hello,

I transferred pictures and videos over from an old iPhone 6 Plus (dragged them from the DCIM folder to a new folder on my desktop). Normally I would do it using CopyTrans, by my trial ran out. After the (I thought) successful transfer, I factory reset the iPhone, only to discover that they were all corrupted. It's the exact same issue this user had:

Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Some similar issues are also here:

Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

JPG files became extremely large after transferring from phone

I still haven't been able to find a solution. In my case, the folder size is appearing as 20.5 TB, and size on disk as 6.90 MB. I tried to do the same thing mentioned in the first link above with the scripts and Extract.vbs files, but nothing happened at all.

Since I no longer have a backup of these images and videos and only have this folder that I thought successfully transferred, I'm really hoping something can be done to resolve it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back