Phonak Hearing aids pair, but do not show up as audio devices in Windows 10

• Thread starter Thread starter DALewis2108
  • Start date Start date
D

DALewis2108

This has been asked before without a solution that actually works for me. My Phonak hearing aids are shown as paired by the bluetooth setting. But they do not show up as an audio device anywhere in Windows 10. Only my Realtek speakers show. So I can't hear my computer output.

Although the hearing aids appear among "Control panel, hardware and sound, devices and printers" in the control panel, and in "Setting, Devices, Bluetooth and other devices, other devices." they don't show as audio devices anywhere else.

When, for example, I try to go to manage them in "Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound, Manage Audio Devices," only my Realtek speakers appear as output devices, and there is no way to add a device. In "Settings, Sound, Output" only the Realtek speakers appear and there is no way to add another device (even though, as I noted, Windows 10 recognizes the hearing aids elsewhere).

Also, I've updated all drivers.

I've looked at solutions other people having trouble with connection bluetooth devices, but many of them simply don't work (require some settings option that no longer exists, such as a "services" tab that has actual content, mine does not).

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back