PC Stuck on Pacific Time

• Thread starter Thread starter HamoodHabibi
  • Start date Start date
H

HamoodHabibi

My Windows 10 PC is stuck on Pacific Time (UTC -08:00), however, I am in Southeast Asia (UTC +07:00). When "Set Timezone Automatically" is turned on it goes to Pacific Time. When I try to change my timezone manually in the settings menu, it will say I am on Southeast Asia Time, but the clock on the PC won't update, and when I close then reopen the settings menu it goes back to Pacific Time.

I also tried changing the time itself manually, and this somewhat works. It changes the time shown on the clock to what I want, but the time shown in programs such as Discord or my Web Browser is still Pacific Time.

I have also tried using Command Prompt, more specifically "sfc /scannow" and "tzutil /s SE Asia Standard Time" but neither has worked. When I use scannow one of two things happens, either the scan goes through and nothing changes. Or the scan doesn't progress, and still nothing changes. When I use tzuitl, I am met with the message "TZUTIL: Invalid number of arguments for /s."

I have also noticed other minor issues, such as being unable to change the colour of the taskbar and start menu, as when I try to do so the option is grayed out.

Is there another way to change my timezone, or just repair my files?

Continue reading...

Back